Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service is associated with depositing and/or sharing particular content on a server hosted by a web hosting supplier. There are different types of hosting services utilized for different purposes, so let's survey them. In this way, you can decide what you need, on the basis of whether you'd like to build a blog, email mailbox accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a solution offered by particular vendors, which lets you share immense files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archived files, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its only function is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally created download link for each of them, or you will be able to see a record of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php website files in your browser. Free-of-charge file hosting solutions are frequently supported by exhibiting advertisements by the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific amount of time to perceive them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file storage account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download instantly, and also there is no restriction in regard to the download speed or the file size.
Now, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more stylish "cloud hosting". This is a completely mistaken explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would divide the workload between different bunches of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving various site hosting services (electronic mail, disk space, stats, DNS, databases, web page hosting Control Panel, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is simply a kind of a disk storage hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: comparable with file hosting; certain corporations offer a hosting solution for pictures solely. This hosting kind is good if you would like to share an enormous quantity of pics with chums or associates since the solution is mostly free of cost. You will receive a randomly generated link for each and every pic or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be used for sites.
- Email hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your email address accounts. Some suppliers offer web space hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to keep an email address with your domain name but do not wish to run a website, then the email hosting service is what you need. You can set up e-mail address accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service enables you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video file, or you can embed the video file in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file produces a specific amount of central processing unit load, so with a handful of video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video will allow you to administer as many video clips as you want without hassling about system reserves.
- Web hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to own a website. To a certain degree, it involves all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host images and files, you can have databases and e-mail addresses, upload videos, and so on. At AloeHost.com, for instance, you can observe web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to have all of the aforementioned services in one single location. There may be limitations based on the form of hosting solution that you've chosen - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting package, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse compared to the customary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are conceived for specific content exclusively.